How to Better Serve Customers with ITIL?
Nowadays, almost all service providers and indeed most businesses strive to be a consumer-oriented. It implies that all the customer-oriented businesses emphasize two major things. One is, they focus on meeting customer requirements, and the second is, they focus on assuring that the entire experience for the customer is an amusing one.
This approach requires several conditions in order to be successful, some of which are:
- An ability by the company to provide a customer-oriented strategy in all phases of the customer’s lifecycle
- A thorough understanding of the consumers’ expectations and needs
- Everyone from the CEO to the lowest ranking employee needs to be dedicated to the user-oriented strategy
- There must be a coerce to acclimatize to the customers changing insight of satisfaction with time
In order to know the customer better, conclude what is crucial to them and make sure that they are always satisfied there should always be a continuous effort to get a good quality feedback.
From the feedback, the service provider will then; enhance the service or how it is provided and deal with any source of displeasure to the customer.
Unconditionally, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) emphasizes better serving consumers in all its procedure and functions as discussed below:
ITIL Processes and Functions
Clearly, the best service delivery is a reliable theme in ITIL processes and function.
For instance, a good ITIL V4 Certification training will help you learn that ITIL procedures are grouped into 5 phases: Service Design, Service Strategy, Service Transition, Continual Service Improvement, and Service Operation.
The word ‘service’ is clearly the constant theme in each stage. That being stated, Service Level Management (SLM) is the keystone of better service delivery in ITIL.
Service level management assures that consumers are served in a better manner
SLM, which falls squarely under the Service Design stage of the ITIL consumer lifecycle, is debatably the imperative ITIL discipline.
The key goal of ITIL Service Level Management is to make sure that agreed levels of service are provided and that future services persist to be delivered and enhanced upon within agreed targets. It is done through:
- Maintaining and ensuring a good relationship between the business and customers
- Measuring, reviewing, defining, and reporting services provided
- Ensuring precision of expectations for services offered
- Proactively executing measures for better service delivery when the costs can be justified
- Enhancing customer satisfaction and documenting all mentioned
However, consumers end up getting a better service through the following SLM activities:
- SLM builds a service, for instance, scope e.g. hours of operation accessibility and service support provision
- SLM forms and manages a service catalog that includes; customer information, services offered to the customer and pricing
- SLM converts business needs into substantial specifications
- SLM develops, negotiates, refines and measures the performance of Service Level Agreement (SLAs), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs), and Underpinning Contracts (UCs)
- SLM is the keystone of constant service execution in ITIL since it formally recognizes service improvements
- SLM does Gap analysis of business requirements and current services
- SLM plans for expansion of services through Capacity Management
Learn about ITIL and the Kano Evaluation Model: A clear understanding of consumers’ needs for better services to customers.
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.Matt Groening
This famous quote clearly states the fact that, for businesses, there is no exhilaration factor formed by providing the basic service that you promise to convey.
To business, it is considered to be a very essential issue: If the user is not enticed about your services, are they really satisfied or valuable with your service? Or rather, will they remain satisfied as soon as a better option comes along that provides above and beyond the basic service that you get at no additional cost?
As per the Kano Evaluation Model, there are 3 major factors that conclude customer satisfaction:
Blue Line or Performance Factors: A consumer has a linear boost or decrease in quality of service beyond the basic needs. For instance, a customer expects more or less of a service according to what they pay for it.
Green Line or Basic Factors: These are expected prospects of a service. They are usually taken for granted and only give neutral satisfaction when delivered. If not offered, they produce a perception of lost utility to the consumer.
Red Line or Excitement factors: Feature attributes that a customer does not anticipate from the service and are pleasantly surprised when they obtain the service. If the service is not given there is no sense of loss in efficacy of the overall service provided.
A customer-oriented business aims to better serve its customers. It is mainly done through:
- Downloading a holistic customer oriented strategy for all stages of the consumer lifecycle (ITIL-Procedures and lifecycle stages)
- Having agreements for better service provision, for instance, SLAs
- Having a deep understanding of consumer needs and expectations (the Kano Model and ITIL)
Installing processes, measures, and procedures for invariable enhancement to become accustomed with the consumers changing requirements and expectations
All these points are deeply covered in several ITIL disciplines. Therefore by learning ITIL, you will have a good tools and framework to better serve consumers.
The Service Operations process area offers an occasion to see the advantages of each of the previous process areas, in action. This procedure area covers the management and carrying out of activities and processes at the agreed-upon levels, for your business customers and users. Management of incidents, events, problems, and entrée are all covered under the methods of Service Operations. Artifacts created as part of this process area include: operational requirements, performance data and service records. Keep in mind that the event is financial reports operation.
We don’t come out to know about money issue until not work on it. No employee can put efforts only one time. But it is great if you go with. The choice is that you need to be careful.