If you have downloaded and upgraded to iOS 10 beta recently and already regret your decision, here’s how to go back to iOS 9 without losing your stuff. Since it is possible to uninstall beta iOS and roll back to earlier stable version, you don’t have to worry about anything.
Downgrade an iOS Device
Note: If you are downgrading without a backup, you will lose your text messages, but all other settings and apps will remain after the downgrade. Make sure you copy your important text messages before preceding downgrade. Incase you have complete backup of earlier version you can restore all data after downgrading you iOS device.
- Download the appropriate IPSW file on your computer or mac for your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure iTunes on your computer or mac is the latest version, if not, download and update it and in your iPhone or iPad turn off Find My iPhone/iPad which is located at Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone/iPad.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and then click on your device when it appears.
- Under the Summary section, click the Check for Updates button while holding Shift (in Windows) or Option (in Mac).
- Now navigate to and choose the IPSW file you downloaded.
- Your device will be updated to iOS 9.
As we said, the process will downgrade your phone from iOS 10 to iOS 9 without deleting all your stuff, but you will lose any text messages or app downloaded which you can restore again. So next time you upgrade to a beta, either make a full backup or don’t upgrade!